Cooke & Foley has an intimate understanding of the thoroughbred and harness racing and breeding industries that can put your business in the box seat. We know what is involved in a successful horse racing and breeding business. Whether it be management of compliance matters, tax planning, business planning, bookkeeping, or appropriate business structures. Cooke & Foley can help you with all your accounting and management needs.
The services we offer to help make your business a success include:
- Start-Up Business Advice for Thoroughbred Horse Trainers, Breeders and Jockeys
- Advice and Assistance with the Establishment of Your Business and Tax Structure
- Preparation of Business Plans, Cash Flow Forecasts and Profit Projections
- Preparation and Analysis of Financial Statements
- Bookkeeping and Payroll Services
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Industry Benchmarking and KPI Management
- Vehicle & Equipment Finance (Chattel Mortgage & Lease)
- Monitoring and Controlling Labour and Sub-Contractor Costs
- Advice & Assistance with Pricing your Services
- Advice regarding Employee Relations and Workplace Laws
- Business Succession Planning
- Detailed written and/ or oral advice as to our assessment of your operation under the crucial Business vs Hobby test
- Annual livestock accounts which show horse movements throughout the year and calculate the trading profits and loss
- Annual write-down schedules, taking full advantages of the unique tax depreciation rules available for livestock
- Representing clients in discussions with the Australian Taxation Office and attending to information requests
- Regular management meetings with bloodstock agents, trainers, advisors
- Provision of financial information to assist with finance applications via Juno Lending and Finance
Cooke & Foley provide the specialist expertise required to ensure the success of your business in the racing industry.
Rest assured we take your business performance personally, so contact us today (03) 5331 2600 or email us at email@example.com so we can help you gain that competitive advantage.
Back to the home page